Have you just arrived in the apartment that you’ve rented in Paris, but you don’t speak a word of French and you’re worried that this might be a problem during your stay in Paris? Why not take one of the French classes offered by the Paris City Hall in schools across Paris.
The registration period for the first semester begins in August and in January for the second. Here are a few tips to help you to register for these courses:
1. You need to create an online account here
2. The price changes according to the courses you choose:
- French for foreigners speaking a Latin language 180h (annually) 41€
- French as a foreign language for business 45h (per semester) 90€
- French as a foreign language 60h (per semester) 131€
There are day time and evening courses available, and prices are the same for both times. Apply for the course that best suits your lifestyle in Paris and be aware that you can only apply for a maximum of 3 courses.
For further information about the classes, levels and prices, you can visit the Paris City Hall website.
3. Once the registration period has ended, you’ll receive an e-mail with a response:
- A positive response accepting your application
- A negative response and reasons for refusal
- Or you’ll be put on a waiting list
4. On the first day you’ll be asked to sit a placement level test. Then you’ll need:
- The reply you received
- A photo ID for getting in and out of the school
- Cash or a check to pay for the course in full
In my opinion, municipal courses for adults offered by the Paris City Hall are a very attractive option as they are both affordable and flexible. They are ideal for students, tourists and expats who are staying or living in Paris.
Are you looking for an apartment in Paris?
Lodgis offers a fabulous selection of furnished apartments for rent. We offer over 7,500 properties, from studio to family apartments with period features, spacious dining and living areas, terraces, elevator access…and just about anything!