Le Méliès will be a familiar name to Montreuil residents (a commune in the Paris region). It’s the name of the old cinema that has now been renovated, following the opening of a brand-new shopping center in Montreuil.
Le Méliès : a huge project…
12 years… that’s how long it’s taken to complete the long-awaited Méliès project. The opening has been delayed several times due to technical problems: bad soundproofing, problems with the lighting … and, as a result, the budget also has substantially increased!
The new Méliès finally opened its doors on Wednesday August 19th 2015.
A beautiful and affordable cinema !
And all that for only:
- Full price: 6€
- Reduced price (under 26 years old, over 65s, unemployed) : 4€
- Showings on Tuesday evenings and Friday afternoons: 3,50€ !
How to get there:
- Access: Place Jacques Duclos, 93100 Montreuil
- Telephone: (+33) 01 48 70 69 13
- Official website: http://www.montreuil.fr/culture/cinema/
One last thing to note: Le Méliès is not just a cinema, it also has its own library!
Enjoy your visit!