Le Méliès will be a name that’s not unfamiliar to Montreuil residents (a commune in the Paris region). Indeed it’s the name of the old cinema, which has now been renovated, following the opening of a brand-new shopping center in Montreuil.
Le Méliès : a huge project…
12 years… that’s how long it’s taken to complete the long-awaited Méliès project. The opening has been delayed several times due to technical problems: bad soundproofing within close proximity of the shopping mall, problems with the lighting/obscurity density … and, as a result, the budget also has substantially increased!
Finally, the new Méliès has opened its doors on Wednesday, August 19th, 2015.
A beautiful and affordable cinema !
- 1,142 seats
- 6 rooms : 1 big room (379 seats), the smallest room has 89 seats
- 4K broadcasting (a video graphics that are 4 times superior to Full HD)
- Tri-amplified sound
- 3D projections
And all that for only:
- Full price: 6€
- Reduced price (under 26 years old, over 65s, unemployed) : 4€
- Showings on Tuesday evenings and Friday afternoons: 3,50€ !
How to get there:
- Access: Place Jacques Duclos, 93100 Montreuil
- Telephone: (+33) 01 48 70 69 13
- Official website: http://www.montreuil.fr/culture/cinema/
One last thing to note: Le Méliès is not just a cinema, it also has its own library.
The date until the official inauguration ( currently scheduled: 19th September, 2015) may still be subject to change. Call up and ask before going to the Méliès.
Enjoy your visit!