If you are visiting the capital for a couple of days or a few weeks, don’t forget to try the Paris Food Trucks! (they are nicer, of a higher quality and cheaper than many tourist restaurants…). The cat’s out of the bag!
What’s the concept of the Food Trucks in Paris?
It’s a parked truck – in Paris as it happens – from which you can buy your lunch (sometimes even your dinner!) in an original way that’s fast and affordable. There are 56 « meals on wheels » services available in Paris.
The Paris Food Trucks: What can you eat? Mainly burgers and bagels, but there are also some that specialize in a number of world cuisines.
Where can you find them? Just about everywhere in Paris, these trucks often move from place to place. Don’t panic, the website « Pouet-Pouet » will give you a map to locate the current food trucks → Par ici les camions
|The Lodgis team has tried out the Paris Food Trucks for you – here are our favorites:
– La Cantine California : California comes to Paris!
– Le Réfectoire : Perfect for vegetarians (won the prize for the best burger in 2014)
– Mozza & Co : for Mozzarella fanatics – with all the sauces
– Camion du Centquatre : The place to eat pizza in an artistic setting.
– Marguerite du Pré : Ice-cream and Organic Yoghurt, healthy eating can’t hurt you!
For the skeptical…
– The food truck « Bien fait » serves dishes worthy of a gourmet restaurant, whilst maintaining a simple approach.
– The famous « Le camion qui fume » in addition to its truck
(click here to find out where it is) , has opened a restaurant in the 2nd arrondissement. It has the same menu but in the comfort of a restaurant.
Have you already tried the Paris Food Trucks ? Which was your favorite?